Black and Pink Massachusetts provides community support, advocacy, policy work, and mutual/material aid, and reentry support for LGBTQ+ people and People Living With HIV (PLWH) in Massachusetts who are involved with the criminal legal system.
Their programs aim to support their members throughout the entire criminal legal process including arrest, prosecution, incarceration, and post-release. In order to request access to one of their programs, please fill out this Mutual Aid Request form. They review requests each Monday and someone from their team will follow up directly with you.
- Their pen-pal program is the heart of their work. They connect free world people to incarcerated members who are LGBTQI+ or living with HIV to create revolutionary relationships
- Bail Support
- They post bail for LGBTQ+ and/or people living with HIV in Massachusetts. Through their partnership with The Massachusetts Bail Fund, they are able to post bail up to $2,000 per person
- Court Support
- Their Court Support program pairs you with a volunteer if you need to attend a court, parole, or probation appointment. They offer court reminders, local transportation, a hot meal, and cigarettes
- Reentry Support
- They offer $150 for members released within the last 30 days. This is in the form of a Visa gift card that can be used almost anywhere
- Housing Support
- They offer up to $1,000 in housing support for our members. This is most often used to cover the first month of a sober home. They review requests on a case-by-case basis. A W9 is required for all cash payments
- Coming soon: They are preparing to open the Alexia Norena House, a space created specifically for formerly incarcerated trans people. Once open, they will be able to host 4-5 trans individuals in a supportive and loving environment. They hope to be accepting applications in May-June
- Their weekly drop-in is a time to build community. They offer reading groups, letter writing, pen pal support, and special events. Formerly incarcerated people who identify as LGBTQI+ or living with HIV are provided a $20/hr stipend. If you would like to attend one of their weekly meetings, please email programs@BlackAndPinkMA.org for more information
- Due to the COVID19 crisis, they are currently hosting virtual drop-in Sundays at 3 pm via zoom. E-mail them for the link.
(1) currently/formerly system-involved in Massachusetts AND
(2) Transgender OR not straight OR living with HIV
English, some Spanish