For over 40 years, Cambridge and Somerville Legal Services (CASLS) has provided free legal assistance to low-income families and individuals residing in Cambridge, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Woburn, and Winchester.
CASLS helps clients in their service area to gain access to some of the most basic necessities of life. This includes:
- affordable housing
- emergency assistance shelter for homeless families
- state public benefits including cash assistance (TAFDC, EAEDC)
- federal public benefits including SSI, SSDI and food stamps
- child care vouchers and related non-cash benefits
- MassHealth and other medical assistance programs