DLC is committed to promoting the civil and human rights of all persons with disabilities.
DLC’s Core Function is to keep people with disabilities safe from abuse and neglect wherever they live and where they receive services. DLC does this primarily by monitoring for abuse and neglect as well as investigating suspicious deaths and allegations of abuse and neglect.
- They provide information, referral, technical assistance and representation regarding legal rights and services for people with disabilities
- They provide legal services to eligible people and groups whose cases meet DLC’s focus areas. Click here to view the issue areas that DLC will be focusing on in its current Fiscal Year
- They seek to strike a balance between systemic advocacy and individual representation
- Their experienced lawyers and paralegals conduct trainings for community groups and other advocacy organization
Please note that due to COVID-19 staff are working remotely. They are therefore not taking any walk-in visitors to help slow down the spread of COVID-19.
M-F: 9am - 5pm
Who They Serve:
- People with disabilities
- People with disability-related problems
- People with disabilities whose legal problem falls within a priority
- People with disabilities whose case has merit and DLC has the staff time and resources necessary to resolve the issue
Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and other languages are provided through interpreter services