Who to Contact
Health Law Advocate (HLA) provides high-quality, free legal assistance to income-eligible Massachusetts residents having difficulty accessing health care or health insurance coverage. HLA also provides legal assistance to consumers with unaffordable medical debt. HLA represents individuals and litigates class-actions and impact cases.
HLA specializes in:
- Challenging denials of health insurance enrollment (commercial and public insurance)
- Fighting denials of coverage for specific health care services (commercial and public insurance)
- Protecting patients from illegal medical billing and collection practices
- Obtaining access to health care through state agencies and school systems, especially for children
Please click here for information about seeking legal assistance from HLA.
Requirements & Restrictions
- Resident of Massachusetts
- Income eligibility under 2021 Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines
- Visit https://www.healthlawadvocates.org/get-legal-help/intake-procedure for more information