The Kennedy Center develops and operates high quality programs that serve a wide range of ages and needs to residents of Charlestown and the greater Boston community. Services provided:
• Daily social activities
• Monthly educational speakers
• Monthly health screenings and health education presentations
• Case management services
• Translation & interpretation services in Spanish, English, and Chinese
• Pickup and delivery of prescriptions medications for isolated, frail, and home bound elders
• Medical Escorts for medical appointments
• Trips to local shopping malls and recreational events are provided
• Cooking and healthy eating classes
• Heating fuel assistance application processing
• Emergency support service referrals
• Health screening/services and health services referrals
• Weekly senior exercise programs
• Access to a computer lab and computer training
• Preschool Programs
• Toddler Childcare/Early Head Start
• After-school Program
• Parent Handbooks
• Information and referrals to education and job training programs
• Positive parenting classes and food shopping on a budget
• Healthy cooking classes and food shopping on a budget
• Classes in budget preparation and financial literacy training
• Assistance in accessing all forms of local, State, Federal, and corporate low-income support services such as fuel assistance, food stamps (SNAP), housing vouchers, WIC, Summer Works jobs, and low cost internet and computers, etc.
• Emergency support services for those that are: in need of food, clothing, shelter, transportation services to critical appointments; information about and/or referral to organizations that provide services for individuals/families dealing with issues of domestic violence, substance abuse/addiction, and/or mental health concerns.
• Information and referrals for basic health screening services for children and adults.
• Annual Holiday Gift Drive that provides seasonal gifts for over 500 children from low income families (For Charlestown families only)
• Annual Community Pot Luck Luncheon.