Located in Downtown Boston and offering services throughout the region, NECHV supports Veterans with innovative services that enable success, meaningful employment, and dignified independent living.
Transitional Housing Programs:
NECHV has various Transitional Programs and models available to provide housing services to Veterans experiencing homelessness. A Veteran who resides in any of the Transitional Housing Programs has access to the same services and support at NECHV (e.g.: case management, behavioral health care, housing search services, employment assistance, medical care, etc.). All Veterans who reside in Transitional Housing at 17 Court Street work with a Case Manager and Housing Specialist with the goal of obtaining permanent housing or transitioning to another setting within 90 to 180 days. Veterans also work toward increasing their income, benefits and any other goals of their choosing. The Center’s Case Managers and Housing Specialists work as a Team alongside the Veteran to enable their success. All programs utilize Harm Reduction and Trauma Informed Models of Care.
Transitional Housing Programs Include:
- Safe Haven
- Low Demand
- WORTH (Working On Recovery from Triage to Housing)
- Clinical Treatment
- Veteran 360
- Women Veterans Support Program (Separate Female Transitional Housing)
For more information regarding our Transitional Housing Program or to make a referral please see:
Providers referring to NECHV’s Transitional Housing Program, please use this form: Provider Referral Form
Community Based and Permanent Supportive Housing Programs:
NECHV offers a variety of community based and permanent supportive housing programs to assist Veterans in locating and maintaining permanent housing.
Community Based and Permanent Supportive Housing Programs Include:
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): https://www.nechv.org/programs-and-service/supportive-services-for-veteran-families-ssvf/
- Community Based Case Management
- Home Front
- Veterans Welcome Home
- Permanent Housing On-Site
Employment and Training Program:
With the goal of assisting Veterans obtain and retain competitive employment, the Employment and Training team helps Veterans develop the skills necessary to re-enter workforce.
The Team provides:
- Employment Services: skills assessment, goal setting, job matching, follow along services, resume writing assistance, transportation, interview preparation and vocational training.
– Boston Healthcare for the Homeless