Who to Contact
The mission of Rosie’s Place is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for poor and homeless women to maintain their dignity, seek opportunity, and find security in their lives.
- Dining Room
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (breakfast served 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. & 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (lunch served 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Dinner: 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (dinner served 4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. & 4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.)
- Weekends and Holidays
- Brunch: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (brunch served 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Dinner: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (dinner served 3:00 p.m – 3:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. )
- Food Pantry
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Food Pantry closes after 250 guests have been served daily.
- Guests may come to the Food Pantry once a week.
- No ID is required to come to the Food Pantry
- Essential services: Women living on the street know that they can count on Rosie’s place for a place to launder their clothes, take a shower, store their belongings in a locker or rest in our Sitting Room, all free of charge. They also provide guests with lifelines like a mailing address and use of computers and phones
- Overnight shelter: Rosie’s Place Overnight Program provides emergency shelter to 20 women for up to 21 days at a time
- Lottery (when beds are available) – Please call 617-442-9322 for more information on lottery dates and requirements
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.
- Guests may stay at the overnight shelter for three consecutive weeks.
- Health and Wellness
- The Wellness Center at Rosie’s Place provides an opportunity for women to receive sound health and medical assistance under their roof
- Hours: Monday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. & Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Guests may sign up at the front desk for the following services:
- Showers (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Computer use
- Phone use
- Laundry (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Other services
- Housing Specialist
- Legal Programs
- Women’s Education Center
- English language classes, job readiness classes, and more
- Employment Specialist
- Recovery Support
- Help with transportation, IDs, housing, rent and utility assistance, and more.
Hours vary by program
Requirements & Restrictions
Women and anyone who self-identifies as a woman.
Target population: homeless and low-income women
English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Cape Verdean Creole, and Chinese. Language Line available for other languages.