YouthBuild Boston aims to empower and assist underserved young people from the Boston area with the essential social, vocational, academic, and life skills necessary to navigate a positive pathway to self-sufficiency and neighborhood responsibility
- Building Trades Exploration
- This 6-9 month academic and construction trades program is for young people aged 17-24 who do not have a high school diploma. Program participants gain exposure to construction and landscaping safety, tools, materials, techniques and methods while taking HiSET prep classes for their high school equivalency (HSE)
- This 15-week program is for young people aged 18-25 who already have their high school diploma or equivalent, and are interested in starting a career in the construction industry. Students gain field experience on real construction sites to ensure that they are ready for employment in the field upon graduation.
- The Designery
- Their 7 to 10-week sessions are geared toward high school students who want an enriching after-school experience. Students are paid a bi-weekly stipend while they hone fundamental graphic, modeling, and design-thinking skills through real design projects for non-profit clients around the city.
- Facilities Maintenance
- The only registered Facilities Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship in the state of Massachusetts, their 18-month program consists of classroom instruction and on-the-job training that leads to a sustainable career as a Facilities Maintenance Technician.